Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm Doin' a Happy Dance!!!

I know you can't see me, but right now I am doin' a serious happy dance. My sweet husband called me this morning as he was getting off his 12 hour night shift, to let me know that he was offered a new job in IT this morning!!!!! Finally!! You see with us timing has always been against us. Back in 2001, Scott was just getting ready to submit his retirement paperwork when Islamics slammed into the Pentagon and World Trade Center. As a result, his retirement was blocked for an additional year. Then, just as he was getting out, with 15 years of IT experience, the dotcom crash, gggrrrr. But, because my husband is a stand up guy, and would dig ditches if he needed to support his family, he fell back on a career skill he didn't think he would ever need to use again. Being a Federal Police officer has had its ups and downs, but the serious down was the schedule, which rotated every other weekend and several nights of weeks every few months. I am so excited to be able to plan all his future weekends for him!! So all I can say is MY HUSBAND IS AWESOME!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your husband IS cool. Congrats on the new job situation.