Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A month...already???

I can't believe it has been a month since I posted last!!! Especially after my rant about people not keeping up their blogs. The last month has been a busy time for the Dederick household. We had a great 4th of July, which of course included a large amount of illegal fireworks. We had a great Sunday afternoon up on the Uncompaghre with Jinx & Fern Everett, and we even managed a trip to the drive-in to see Transformers. But, mainly the focus for the past several weeks has been getting ready for the RE Whiting reunion in Arizona. This is the "little" reunion, for Grandpa Ralph Whiting's descendants, and this year our cousin Denise has arranged to have it down at the Homestead. My sisters and I are so excited that every conversation has been centered on what to bring, what to cook, and of course the top secret program that we have been working on for several months. We plan to caravan down early on Thursday morning and, provided that Scott is able to fit everything I want to bring into the vehicles...it should be a great time. I just haven't decided if I really do need the kitchen sink. Anyway, the homestead is such an amazing place, I can't wait for my kids to experience it (Emily was there when she was three, but we haven't been back since). So don't worry, I will catch up on all my blogging after this weekend, and hopefully, have some pictures from that top secret Saturday night program!!

1 comment:

Nancy Nina said...

Make sure you pack your shaved ice machine :)