Friday, September 4, 2009

My Mother Doesn't Appreciate My Humor

OK, so I have been feeling a little tired and run down for about the last month. After Scott insisted I went in for a few blood tests. Well, the doctor's office got the wrong phone number and my mother got a message on her answering machine that said, "Allison, this is Dr. SoandSo, I just got the results from your blood test and you need to call me right away." So my mother calls me all in a panic, "hurry and call him back and tell me what he said". Of course doctors aren't just sitting by the phone waiting for you to call them back so it took a few hours. After I got the news that my iron was low (big surprise), I called my mother and had the following conversation:

Mom: Did you talk to the doctor?
Me: Yeah.
Mom: What did he say?
Me: I'm pregnant
(silence.....crickets chirping...silence.....)
Mom: Are you really? (in a tone that makes me sound like an irresponsible 15 year old)
Are you serious!!!
Me: No, mom, I'm just anemic.
Mom: (heavy, relieved sigh) oh....

Of course now, she claims to have been happy with the news...yeah!!

1 comment:

Jason and Allison said...

Yeah, that story weirds me out just a wee bit.