Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gifters Block

I'm out. Finished. Done. Washed up! Oh, the shame!

Christmas is coming, my favorite holiday. I listen to Christmas carols all year. I decorate my house with no less than 4 Christmas trees, our outdoor display is Scott's pride and joy, and at last count I had over 30 nativity sets. So with all this you may ask "what is your problem Allison?" (you know, this time).

I have a reputation for giving well thought out gifts, scrapbooks that make people cry, treasured eBay scores, etc. I carefully begin plotting and planning these gifts, literally months in advance. And this year...I've got nothing!! Christmas is five weeks away people, and I have gifters block. Oh, it's been building for months, I have racked my brain, but to no avail. I peaked to early, burned my self out, set the bar to high, and now I have nothing to offer.

I should have known this day was coming, but it is still pretty humiliating. I've tried to let people know, tried to warn them. I gently suggested to Nancy the other day that she might just get something simple from me this year like an Applebee's gift card. She looked at me as though I had just ruined her Christmas morning. She stared at me and gave an indignant huff, it only served to make me more humiliated. Now what? I'm scrambling, desperate, grasping at gifting straws. What will Christmas morning be like this year? So, if any one has any leads....ideas....anyone?

No comments: