Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Middle School Mom

Now that we are done with Emily, Scott and I  have officially turned to Erik as our trophy child. He is so lucky to be the complete focus of all our energy, compulsive behaviour, time, and attention.  I hope he appreciates it.

So in that spirit, Scott and I volunteered/were drafted to help with a trip for the Orchard Mesa Middle School Choir and Orchestra.  We left our house around 4:30, climbed on a couple school buses and drove to Denver for a competition. After the competition we took 36 middle school students to Elitches for an afternoon of fun...don't worry, we managed to get 35 home...a passing grade by anyone's standards.

There were two other Mom's and the teacher that went with us, and one of the Mom's was one of those, "I know all the kids and know all the drama about who is going with who, and what she said etc." I am so not one of those Mom's! I didn't understand teenage angst when I was a teenager and I certainly don't understand now.  But I watched this Mom interact with a bunch of the girls on the bus, she knew all their names, had brought snacks just for them, they all knew her, she knew all their business.... It seemed like a lot of work to me. She really liked it, but it beats me as to why.

But, now that Erik is our focus child, I suppose I might have to try something like that...I'll have to think about it for awhile.

On a side note: Our little girl Emily has managed to get out of bed everyday this week and put on fresh pj's!!!

1 comment:

Nancy Nina said...

Love it! And you probably won't have to get into as much drama with a boy trophy child as you would with a middle school girl.