Sunday, April 12, 2015

The 24 year Malaise

It has slowly been increasing, not that I was ever a "dinner every night at 6 sharp" kind of wife. In fact when we lived in Roy, if the door bell rang after dark, Emily would yell, "Dinner's Here!!!", please realize she was only 3.

Well it got a little better for awhile, but the truth of the matter is lately I have absolutely no interest in cooking. So my little family usually mooches off one or the other of the Fuller families, because they both still cook. Now, lately I have been a little (lot) stressed out, so much so that I have actually taken a little time off work. The other morning, while discussing my current craziness, Scott asks me what responsibilities he could take off my shoulders. I said, "Cooking" he said, "I hate cooking". In fact it has gotten to the point that mostly what we eat is bread (in some form of sandwiches, toast, or plain) and we really don't even have food in the house, except a freezer full of pork, cupboards full of spaghetti sauce, and you know other ingredients....

So we still haven't resolved the issue, but today we are sitting here on a Sunday afternoon, watching food poon in the form of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. We aren't so much being inspired to cook as we are about going out to dinner, If only is wasn't Sunday.

No comments: