Sunday, January 11, 2009

We Make the Slowest Pinewood Derby Cars!






Well, yesterday was the Pinewood Derby. We have been working on this for weeks, Scott with the track, software, and don't forget, the cars. I worked on all the logistics: time, place, awards, and food. Overall I think everyone had a pretty good time, except for the fact that in all my planning, I forgot coffee. The cub master announced that there was juice, donuts and coffee in the back of the room, and I looked at him like a deer caught in the headlights. I don't even know how to make coffee!! Fortunately, someone scrounged some up and made it!





There were 22 scouts, and 13 in the Me Too category (for siblings and over-active Dad's). Erik had a green car (again), Emily's is red and Scott's was left natural wood. So Erik came in 4Th out of 4 in his Bear Den, Emily was 13Th and Scott came in 12Th in the Me Too race. Well, at least no one can accuse us of cheating! Now, I know there are a lot of secrets to great Pinewood Derby cars, and maybe next year we won't be so busy working on the Derby so that we can actually work on the Derby cars. Erik and Emily were good sports about losing, and Erik is focusing on getting 4Th place. He just doesn't expound on how many were in his category.






No comments: