Thursday, October 8, 2009

Challenges

Well, things around here have been pretty crazy. It has made me think (I know, that doesn't happen all that often) about the things that are really important in this life. You just never know when that curve ball is going to come, how fast, or how hard. But the one thing that has happened this week, is that I am extremely grateful for my family. My husband, sisters, and Mom all have very busy lives. Even though my sisters and mom live next door we can go several days without seeing or talking to each other, but when a call comes I know they all will drop everything and come.

The challenges this week are not mine to share, but many of you know what they have been. My heart aches and I want to do anything I can to help. I often fall far short of what I feel I should do, but I try. My inadequacy to fix any situation often makes me very frustrated (I'm the fixer girl, and if I can't Scott is supposed to). But some things just take time, and through them I suppose we are learning to be patient. That is one thing I am a slow learner on. My family has had it's fair share of challenges in the last 17 years, I could list them, but I think there is a limit on the size of a blog post! They say "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". I think who ever made that up, didn't know what the heck they were talking about.

1 comment:

Nancy Nina said...

Thinking of all you and remembering your family in our prayers.