Thursday, December 10, 2009

17"




Tuesday night as Scott and I climbed up into the ginormous bed (but that's another blog) and settled ourselves in for a good nights sleep, we had the following conversation:

Me: Hey Scott, guess what we have to do this Saturday?
Scott: ugh, what?

Me: Nothing!!!

Scott: That's good, maybe we can spend some time together.

Me: Hey we just spent 2 hours together last night out in the shop, cutting out pieces for the Webelos to make birdhouses.

Scott: I meant something together that didn't involve cub scouts.

Me: Au contrare, cranky boy! Remember...we spent 2 quality hours together this morning, digging my van out of the driveway!

Yes, on Tuesday morning we woke up to find 17" of that lovely white stuff covering our home. I know what you're thinking, "Allison, you live in Colorado, of course you get snow." Yeah, I get a little sprinkling now and then, but I live in Western Colorado, we don't get 17" all winter, let alone out of one storm. I couldn't get out of my driveway, then I couldn't get up the ranch road to Kannah Creek road. Since the ranch road is a private drive, we don't get snowplows, then if you add that lovely little hill at the top, plus the extra 18+" the snowplow sent our way, it was very exciting. Scott and I dug for several hours, slapped my chains on, and finally got up and over the hill. As you can see it is still pretty nasty, but with temperatures in the -15 range, I'm sure it will be melting away soon!






No comments: