Monday, March 22, 2010

What the???!!!! Son of a...

2:00 am - Sunday Morning, I woke up and thought, where is my phone? I took it out of my pocket before I threw the smoky clothes in the washer...right? Yeah, I must have, I was in the kitchen and I realized my battery was low, I'm sure I put it on the counter.

Fast forward approximately 6 hours, and sure enough...I found it, in the bottom of my washer. Now, I don't have one of those fancy internet phones. It was just an old NV that I have had for almost 2 years, but that phone is like an extension of my right hand! Suddenly, I was without my contacts, my text buddies, my calendar. I didn't know who I was, where I needed to be, and I couldn't find any of my friends.

That was how my Sunday started out. Then I went to church...that didn't improve my mood. It is a good thing my faith doesn't require me to like my fellow church goers. But seriously don't quote Sherry Dew as a source in a Relief Society Lesson, it ticks me off.

Anyway, I was without my phone for about 46 hours. I did qualify for an upgrade from my provider, unfortunately the new NV requires more commitment than I was willing to make. So I settled for a Samsung, and now I am not happy. I don't know how to work this phone, it doesn't have my contacts, I don't know the shortcuts, and the keypad is all wrong.

We haven't bonded at all. I felt lost without my phone, so I hope this new relationship works out.

No comments: