Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Okie Dokie

Well, Harriet came out of surgery earlier than we expected and the doctor had good news. Everything looked good, he fixed her deviated septum and cleaned out what he called "proud flesh". WHAT??? The only time I have heard that term used was around horses. Bizarre!! But it looks like a bad packing job, from her first bloody nose caused all this, (OK, the packing job may have been bad, but the doctor that did it was pretty nice, and I don't just mean his bedside manner!).

Anyway, Harriet is recovering well, even if her daughters abandoned her to go shopping while she was in recovery. Hey, she wasn't going to get any rest with us there, and we had the same conversation with her five times while she was under the influence. ie...What time is it? What did the Doctor say? I want to go home. Besides, she had my cell phone number, she called when she was dressed and ready to go, and Herbergers was having a big sale. Just remember, a son is a son till he takes a wife, a daughter is a daughter for life...unless there is a clearance sale.

2 comments:

Nancy Nina said...

Proud tissue! There was a guy at my work that just had some coming out of his thumb nail - and that's what the doc called it too - I made him cover it when I was around.

Tell Aunt Haddie to take care. Love her.

The Holland Family said...

I can't get over you calling her Harriet. I supposed that is where Kari gets it, calling her mother Kat or Kathleen. Crazy girls! Hope she gets better soon.