Thursday, July 29, 2010

To Much Time on Their Hands

I went to pick up my daughter last night from Young Womens, and needed to talk to a lady in our ward , so I wandered into the Relief Society Room. She was busy so I sat down by the door to wait when another woman from our ward came in to "talk to me". She told me that I might want to look at my daughters shirt, and not let her wear it again, because she was "practically falling out of it". I said, "huh", she went on to inform me that it would be better if she was at least wearing a bra. I assured her that Emily hadn't left the house without that, "Oh I don't think she has one on" she quickly told me. (Now bear in mind that this is the same woman that wore pants to Sacrament meeting on Scout Sunday, she's also only about 31) I informed her that Emily wouldn't leave the house without proper support, and didn't give her very much encouragement. She then told me that she had stood behind Emily while she was sitting down, and could "see everything". At this point I am more concerned with her same sex tendencies.

A few minutes later my daughter came in, wearing her t-shirt that barely came down to her collar bone, let alone showing anything else. Emily and I had a good laugh on the way home, seriously there are some people with to much time on their hands. I chalked it up to strangeness, but when I told my sister she was livid. So, now I have to keep Nancy from taking care of her, apparently there once was a couple who were concerned about my niece Jackie...

No comments: