Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Just Can't!

So, I had a little girly surgery on Monday, and now I'm supposed to "take it easy" for a couple days. I'm not sure when I turned into an obsessive compulsive person, but I just can't! It is next to impossible for me to lay in bed and let things happen in my house without me. I know, I know, the world won't end if Erik doesn't finish his math homework, or Emily doesn't get into bed before 10.

I have been trying to cut down on the amount of time spent on things like scouts and other extra curricular activities, but it is so hard to step back and let others start doing things. It isn't that I don't trust others, I just feel bad asking them.

Everyone warns you before you have gastric bypass that you can have a transfer addiction, but I have never heard of anyone having a transfer addiction to doing to much. Poor Scott, he is a good sport but he just doesn't do things exactly like me, that isn't to say he does it wrong, it's just not how I do them. I'm trying to be more relaxed about things, the pain meds are helping today, eventually I will be able to say, "I can" and mean it.

No comments: