Friday, September 30, 2011

I Don't like Halloween

It's true, I really don't like Halloween. No, it isn't the religious part of me either, I simply don't like it. I have never liked scary things, I don't really appreciate gore and blood, and I don't even like suspense...so pretty much all things Halloween.

When I went to see Ghost Busters in my younger days I went home with nightmares. When my Dad suggested that that I watch Hitchcock's famous movie Psycho, I had a clear shower curtain for two years (that seriously irritated my sister Ellen). when my friends convinced me to go see Night of the Living Dead, I spent all but the first five minutes in the lobby. When I first got married Scott didn't believe that I really didn't like scary, and tried to get me to watch The Fly, I didn't sleep for three days and I only saw a few minutes of it too.

I have been known to attempt bribery of my children with multiple bags of their favorite candy if we don't have to go trick or treating. I have been known to purposely go out to dinner to avoid trick or treaters. I refuse to decorate my home with any extra cobwebs, skeletons, witches, etc.

If I have to I will go to church parties, I will get dressed up, and I will give out candy, but just realize that I really don't like Halloween.

1 comment:

Tom and Beth Boswell said...

Ok let me just say I love your family picture!! You all look so good! And to think it's been 20 years!! WOW!! Tom and I celebrate 34 in Jan. 2012! I remember all the fun times in Iceland and BEFORE you married! Maybe one day we can get out there or you here to catch up on old times! I have so much to tell you! LOL! I do have to say I like Halloween but that is when I put up all my fall stuff and no cobwebs or skeletons!:) Take care and I will keep reading you blog to see what the Dederick family is up too! By the way.....looks like you have a little Scott there!! WOW! Love to you and your sweet family!! oh...and why wasn't I invited to the last Whiting fanmily reunion?? I still have one of the t-shirts you gave me! LOL!! :)