Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I feel responsible. I heard last week that Hostess is having to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy. They probably noticed the downturn in their sales about 4 years ago, after I had my surgery. I love Hostess chocolate pies, Ding Dongs, and yes the infamous Twinky. After my surgery I gave these beloved items up (along with Diet Pepsi, moon pies, root beer floats, ...) anyway, I felt responsible when I heard the news. So while I was at Walmart last night doing some shopping, I picked up a box of Twinkies. When I got home Erik looked at me very surprised while he was helping to put the groceries away. "You bought Twinkies?" I held my breath, my son is notorious for being a picky eater, "I like Twinkies"  he said, whew! This morning while fixing breakfast Scott came in, "Twinkies!" (not in a good way). "Yeah, don't you like Twinkies?". "No, I'm more of a Swiss cake roll kind of guy." Now I'm wondering if my husband is a communist...