Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Glamorous

I took today off work.  My mother was having a little surgery.  I didn't think it was anything major, she had a similar surgery about 21 years ago that I took her to, and that was in the doctors office. So we headed in this morning and arrived promptly at the surgical center.  When we asked how long the surgery would be, we were both very surprised when we were told 3 hours.  Holy cow! Yup, she was in there for 3 full hours.  It was a little nip and tuck, my family is notorious for not being able to smile and have our eyes seen at the same time, and this little deficiency was beginning to cause some actual visual problems with my Mom. Everyone talks about getting plastic surgery, the stars all apparently have it done, it sounds so glamorous and simple.  A little tuck here or there, a little pull - no big deal.  Let me just say these people have never had any significant plastic surgery done.  When I walked into the recovery room, my sister tried to prepare me...but there really isn't any way she could have.  When they pulled the cold packs off my Mom's eye's I actually gagged a little.  It is awful, she looks terrible...what was amazing was the great trouble that the staff took to assure us how nice it was looking, very little bruising and hardly any swelling.  They kept pulling off the packs to show Nancy and I, while we were looking at the floor trying to keep down our cookies.  It was quite the circus to get her home, now we just keep telling the doctor orders require he to keep the cold packs on AT ALL TIMES.  Cruel I know, but seriously, Nancy and I can't help it.  I'm here alone right now...I sent Nancy in to the pharmacy we need some wrinkle cream STAT!!!

1 comment:

Nancy Nina said...

I saw some of the pictures. Oooowe! Poor Aunt Hattie.