Saturday, August 24, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!

The tears have finally dried enough that I can get on the lap top and not worry about ruining it….NOT!! Seriously, I haven’t cried since my little girl headed off to the mine.  I'm not sure if that means I'm cold hearted or a really bad parent.

Now, that’s not to say I didn’t have a rough day on Monday. You see one of the many traditions they have is to bring a 10lb rock from where ever you live, and on the day before classes of your freshman year you climb switchbacks for 3 ½ miles to the top of the M hill and deposit your rock. Then when you graduate you go up, select a rock and take it with you. So Emily selected her rock, packed it over there and on Monday, at around 10:30 I texted her and said, “Good luck on your climb”. She texted back “I didn’t go” and that was all. Follow-up  phone calls and texts were ignored and I became a little wiggy about what exactly was going on. A sympathy post on FB garnered some support and some “Leave her alone” posts from my niece!! Well, it turns out, she just overslept.
But typical Emily, the only contact we have had generated by her was a text telling us how boring the orientation about sex, drugs, and alcohol was and asking for a flow chart on how to do her laundry. I’m trying not to be to OCD about it, but she doesn’t even turn 18 until tomorrow.

By the way…HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE ORE DIGGER!!!!

No comments: