Sunday, September 15, 2013

Expert

About a month ago while we were getting ready to go somewhere the phone rang and I had the following conversation –


Phone Girl – Hello, my name is (Don’t remember) and I got your name from your friend’s blah and blah.

Me- uhhh…Ok, (thinking to myself that I recognize those names from a couple at church, but calling them friends would be a bit of a stretch)

Phone Girl – Well blah and blah are trying get a $200 discount on a water treatment system in their home, and if they can get four other people take this survey, they can get their gift certificate for their new system.

Me – uhh OK

Phone Girl – All right the first question is do you drink tap water or bottled water?

Me –Bottled

Phone Girl – May I ask if that is for taste or convenience.

Me – It’s actually because my water system has high HAA’s

Phone Girl –uhmmm…ok, so when would be a good time for us to come out and test your water?

Me – What? I thought this was a survey.

Phone Girl- Well, we have to come out and test your water so we can know what kind of system you will need.

Me – Yeah, I don’t think I need a system, can you tell me what an HAA is?

Phone Girl – Oh, I don’t actually test the water, I’m not an expert.

Me – Really? I am

Phone Girl – (little giggle) oh..in what?

Me – In Water!! (what in the world are we talking about?)

Phone Girl – You are?

Me – Yeah, been in the water business for 20 years.

Phone Girl – Ok, so when would you like to schedule a water test.

Me – I don’t think you are listening to me; I work in a water laboratory. I can test my water any day I want, I really don’t need you to come out and do a dropper test and tell me how hard my water is.

Phone Girl – Oh, I don’t test the water I just schedule the technician.

Me – OK, we are not scheduling a “technician” to come out to my home, I thought this was a survey.

Phone Girl – OK, thanks for you time

No comments: