Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Great Cricket Battle

I don't like bugs...I never took entomology because I really don't like. I took herpetology, because I don't mind lizards and I tolerate snakes (as long as I don't have to hold them). But exoskeletons and six legs are just wrong. For some reason this is a cricket year. Move a bale of hay...crickets, move anything outside - crickets, walk in my basement - crickets. They are everywhere, it's like a sea of moving black creepiness. The chickens are trained, they follow me around waiting for me to move barrels, bales, feeders or rocks so they can pounce. But there are just to many, they rotate shifts to keep us awake, and despite my vacuum efforts I think they may over run us before the first freeze. Or I may have to move.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me this stuff. I may never want to come back home now.