Saturday, October 4, 2014

Modest? Not really...

Maybe I’m getting old, ok… I know I’m getting old…but I have a little complaint about “young women these days”. I know finding dresses in this day and age is difficult. I get it, stores don’t carry a lot of dresses anymore, however that doesn’t mean that your entire Sabbath wardrobe needs to consist of knit skirts and tight scoop neck white t-shirts. Oh yeah, by the way, the layering with a cami totally doesn’t help. I don’t know if this trend is unique to my area, but most of the young women– 35 and younger – seem to believe this is great Sunday couture. Most if not all seem to wear these t-shirts so tight that I can see the back fat under the bottom of the bra strap and if they have an innie or outie.  Plus, I really really really like it when they are pregnant and the t-shirt is stretched so tight I actually get to see the baby move! I just want so badly to go up to one of them and say, “Sweetheart, I know the mirror you looked in this morning showed what I see, so you really don’t have an excuse” or “Wow, is that a different T today or do you only have the one?” Sadly in my ward, the entire YW seem to wear this combo as if it is some sort of under 40 uniform. So just let me throw this out: Tight T shirts are immodest, showing every bulge is gross, you seem to have plenty of time on pintrist – so maybe you could spend a little more time actually looking for a dress, and casual is not OK for church!!! On a side note from a previous post – put on some nylons.

No comments: