Thursday, November 22, 2012

I Like Being a Girl

...I'm just not very good at it. It's true, I have never really figured out this whole girly/woman thing.

Let me back up, a couple of weeks ago on the plane ride home from Denver I ended up seated next to a woman who was on her way home from a seminar on the "essence of femininity" (I'm not even sure I know how to spell it).  All the way she babbled about getting in touch with her true feminine side and how wonderful this conference had been.  Then she proceeded to inform me that while she loved her husband, she needed to focus more on herself...yeah, that's the secret to a happy life.

But the whole time she was babbling, I thought...I know how to fix pumps, I feed livestock, I can drive a tractor and I used to drive a backhoe occasionally, I don't ask for a carry out at the feed store because I can shoulder a 50# bag of feed pretty easily, and I don't know how to french braid my hair. I have man hands and I never had a pedicure until I was 40 years old. So I'm not really sure how to get into my "essence".

Don't get me wrong, I like to be a girl. When I was a teenager I once counted 6 pink dresses in my closet. I don't know, I think I just don't have the energy required to be a true drama queen, (no one asked you my sisters). Maybe it's to late in my life to attempt to get in touch with my feminine side, by now who knows where it is.

No comments: