Thursday, November 22, 2012

Letter to My Husband

Dear Scott,

I love you, I love our marriage.  I can't imagine ever being married to anyone else. So now that I'm done with the mushy stuff, here's the deal. I know that I have promised that if you die, I won't marry anyone else. I distinctly remember making that promise, every time you have woke me up in the middle of the night after one of your nightmares and made me promise it all over again.That being said, is why your life insurance is always kept up to date.

Now, if I die...sweetheart, you have to get remarried. You won't make it. Sorry, but on behalf of our children, the house, the animals, you have to get remarried. And Honey, it's OK if it's pretty soon even, that is fine.  You have a very short list of who you can't marry, and I know you have access to a stake directory to help you start looking.

I know you think that you couldn't possibly get remarried, get over it. Remember that summer when we tried that whole "stay at home Dad" scenario? Yeah, eventually you will run out of food in the house and the kids walking around naked isn't a good idea. So Honey, I'm putting this out there so that you can't claim otherwise.  My sisters are free to start up the dating pool as soon as I'm planted, and you already know my directives for the funeral.

Remember that I love you, and go find a good woman.

All my Love
Allison

PS No one wants to see your fingernail as it turns black and starts to fall off.  Trust me...

No comments: