Monday, November 5, 2012

Army of Helaman Mom?

In the Book of Mormon there is a story of 2000 stripling warriors. They went into battle with Helaman, because their parents had taken a vow to never pick up weapons again. They were young and went to war to defend their people. The young men believed the things their mothers had taught them and they had great faith, as a result they suffered no casualties.

Last week while I was making breakfast I, of course, had Fox News on when the father of  Tyrone Woods came on and had a message for President Obama that he needed to be forthcoming about the events of Benghazi. He ended the interview by stating, "It is better to die a hero than live as a coward".

Thinking this might be a teachable moment I asked my children if they thought that was true? My son looked at me drowsily over the top of his breakfast Mountain Dew and said, "well...cowards live longer."

....great...

No comments: