Saturday, March 22, 2014

Flashback Friday (I know, it"s Saturday)


Ok, to encourage my remembering to blog, and since I didn’t exactly keep a journal growing up, I have decided to try to start doing a flashback Friday blog entry.  Of course I don’t know if I will be able to always get it up, but I will try.

 So…for my first FlashBack

You Are My Sunshine

When I was little I’m not even sure if the cars had seat belts, and I know that no one used a child seat.  All of our cars (and I mostly mean our trucks, since that was the primary family vehicle) had bench seats and being my Dad’s shadow meant I spent a lot of time with him in that truck.  My spot until I was to tall was standing, literally, on my Dad’s right hand side with my left elbow resting on his shoulder.  I spent about 5 years in that position, it was extremely comfortable for me, I’m not so sure about my Dad.  Anyway, I remember driving along with him and we would sing songs that he taught me.  There were three that I remember as the first,

You are my Sunshine

Zip-a-Dee-Doo Dah

And of course….No More Kissing in the Yellow Booth, which is actually called Chow Mein.

 Later of course there were more songs, but I’m pretty sure that “You are My Sunshine” was my very first song, and I smile every time I hear it.

No comments: