Tuesday, March 25, 2014

As If I Had A Choice

Yesterday I went to the dentist, yes, that is significantly difficult for me. But, my new (as of about a year ago) dentist is pretty good, and they always compliment me on how feminine my teeth are (I tell them that the Lord gave me man hands so he felt compelled to compensate somewhere).

Anyway, so I'm laying there after my cleaning, the Dr. comes in and says everything looks good, then says he needs to talk to me. Bear in mind that I'm laying in the chair, when he tells me that he has recently become the co-chair for the local district scout council. He then precedes to let me know that he saw my name as a trainer for Cub Scout Leader Specific training. Then he tells me that they are redoing the whole council and asks if I will serve on the training committee.

This is where it gets tricky... this is a nice guy, he's a great dentist, he also has the power to cause me a lot of pain and withhold that precious nitrous oxide... so I don't get a choice. Guess who gets to help with cub scout training.

No comments: