Monday, April 7, 2014

Messin' With Your Female Parts

My niece Allison is due to have baby #4 this week, his name…Wyatt Donald Fuller.  Little Wyatt has made his mother very uncomfortable for the last several weeks.  Like all pregnant women, Allison has been fortunate enough to get all the horror stories, graphic descriptions, and other baby delivering stories that women feel the need to share with expectant mothers.  Yes, everywhere she goes people give her the “Oh when I had….” 

My thoughts however went in another direction, when I was little the one thing that my Dad informed me that I couldn’t do (at least while Grandpa Whiting was alive) was lift a hay bale.  Yes, family lore in the Whiting clan was that a woman lifting hay bales “messes up her insides and then she can’t have babies”. Considered a cardinal sin while my Grandpa was alive, I can assure you that since his death, I have personally lifted more than my share of hay bales.  And I’m pretty sure that the other Allison has too, did I mention this was  her #4?

No comments: