Saturday, April 26, 2014

Wanderlust

I traveled quite a bit growing up. My parents loved to cruise all over the lower 48, and we traveled to all kinds of historical sites.  Then in my late teens and early twenties, I traveled even more.  I lived in Iceland for a year and a half, travelled down to England, I have been to Hawaii and nearly every one of the lower 48.  For some unknown reason I also get a copy of Travel and Leisure (I am baffled who actually uses that magazine to plan their vacations). Anyway, I noticed in an add for Holland America Cruise line that they had 34 day European Cruises.  We started looking them up and were fascinated by 112 day round the world cruises, a mere $40,000 per person (based on double occupancy) for a mid level cabin.  Who leaves for 112 days???

I realized, very unexpectedly the other day, that I currently have very little interest in travel. I’m not sure why, I used to love it.  Scott asked me the other day what we were going to do this summer, we both scheduled a week off in July, and I honestly couldn’t drum up any interest in traveling anywhere.  I just want to stay home.   I wonder if that is normal, for wanderlust to eventually die?

No comments: