Monday, April 7, 2014

My Desert


 
 

 I live in what is known as the high desert.  Many people think it is ugly, brown, barren.  But they don't know my desert like I know my desert.  Every season I watched this amazing place transform week by week.  This week, it's the Primrose's turn to start blooming. Beautiful patches of little white flowers, along with a few others.  I think I have loved the desert even when I was little.







These are some of today's jewels




 
The desert gets a lovely green sheen in late May and early June, cactus flowers and flox, thistle and sage blooms. 
I love the desert, it is filled with organisms that have adapted to very harsh environment and not only lived, but thrived. Their beauty and determination inspire me and make me grateful that Heavenly Father appreciated variety as much as I do.
 




No comments: