Monday, April 14, 2014

The Family Curse

First of all I have to say, that for any others out there so afflicted, I feel your pain.

Yes, I suffer from this as well...I have

                         the family piano.....
 

When I was little my mother forced, yes forced me to take piano lessons. I didn't want to, but I was the bottom of 5 girls and my Mother's last hope. Honestly, I neither excelled or enjoyed the experience. When I started this forced labor, my parents had an old upright piano, for some reason (I thought my parents never would go for it) I convinced my mother that I would be much more interested in playing a new piano.  So they bought me one.....


Thirty some odd years later there it sits, collecting dust and holding knickknacks. I don't play it, my kids don't have any interest in playing. But I feel guilty, because my parents bought it for me when they probably couldn't really afford it, and now what??? It only gets used on Christmas Eve, I think the F sticks a little, but I don't worry about it, because I don't play it, Jackie or Allison the Younger does mmwwaahahahahaha.

A friend at work recently remarked that his parents were moving and planned on taking the family piano up to his little brother in Wyoming... they live in Delta. We laughed cruelly over his misfortune. And then we laughed over the misfortune of his future Elder's Quorum's that will have to move that piano so many times.

If you suffer from the this, I am so sorry. As for me, well.... when the old woman isn't paying attention, it might end up on Craigslist.

No comments: