Saturday, April 12, 2014

Over Reach or Stupidity?

All over the news that idiot in Nevada is putting people and animals in danger.  I really doubt that you will find anyone more against the overreach of the government than I am, but this idiot, that can't even form a proper sentence is totally in the wrong.

First of all, I had "a bunch of Mormon pioneer ancestors that settle on lands" as well, I don't think that makes me inherently have the right to just do what ever I want on that property.  If that were true, I could go camp in the dug out that my ancestors made on the side of the Manti temple.

Secondly, I grew up in a family that ran cows on US Forest Service and BLM land.  We had close to 10,000 private acres and ran cows on nearly ten times that with our cow permits for 1,200 head of cows.  We followed the rules, we bought the permits and paid  the yearly grazing fees for the privilege of grazing our cows on the peoples lands.

From what I have understood from the news reports Clive decided to stop paying his grazing fees back in 1993. Yes, for over 20 years he has allowed 1000 head of cattle to graze, for free on my land, your land, and your neighbors land.   You may be ok with that, after all you may generously think, "Well, I'm not using it that sounds good". But, trust me that is a pretty dangerous slope to go down.  For instance, the median between the highway is public land, maybe I could grow a garden there.

Then the story gets a little dicey as Clive claims that the reason they won't let his cows graze is because of the endangered Desert Tortoise, which wasn't placed on the endangered list until 1998.  Yet still the BLM attempted to work with the idiot for well over 14 years.

Clive claims he is willing to pay the grazing fees to the state of Nevada, but not to the feds because they haven't done anything to manage the land.  OK Clive, why didn't you write a check to the state of Nevada in the last 20 years???

Let me give you another example, in case you still aren't getting this.  The highways and roads that we all drive on are public roads.  The government -state, fed, and local maintain those roads. You can walk on all those roads for free, however for the privilege of driving on those roads I am required to license my vehicle and pay taxes on it. I'm pretty sure I don't like what they use most of those funds for.  I don't think Denver needs pretty medians more than I think that 5th street needs to be repaved. But just because I don't think that they are spending the money properly doesn't excuse me from paying my license and tax for my truck.

Now Clive has ginned up a whole lot of anger, especially from people that don't understand the grazing and permitting process. He is putting a whole lot of people in danger, was given multiple opportunities to round up his cattle before the feds came in and now is crying foul.  Mr, Clive is in the wrong, and I hope no one pays the ultimate price.  By the way Clive.... be sure come November to vote again for Harry Reid.... after all he's a Mormon elected by your state too.

***BTW, I know his name is actually Cloven, and I'm surprised it isn't LaCliven

No comments: