Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Fishing With Cub Scouts

Whenever I do this I get a whole ne appreciation for my Father willing to take 5 little girls and teach them to fish.  Anyway, this week for Cub Scouts we went fishing at Corn Lake.  It is amazing to me that for some this was the first time they had ever gone fishing.  Of course little boys can't sit still long enough to see if the bobber is wiggling on its  own or being helped a little. For some reason about half of them can't seem to put a worm on the hook, even though I am pretty sure all those boys have touched something grosser.

Wiggling bobbers
Crossed lines
Broken fishing poles
A lot of little bluegill to get of the lines and throw back in
One huge watermelon consumed
Gnats and mosquitoes
A flock of geese that decided we must want to share the aforementioned water melon
The nice old man, smoking his stogie, who got completely flanked by little boys


So overall a pretty successful evening. There were only three fish caught big enough to keep, Kaden got a nice rainbow (I let his Mom and Dad deal with that) the other was a cat fish by Matt (I let Uncle Scott deal with all cat fish) and the other was a nice little rainbow that made the mistake of swimming straight up to us and letting Scott simply scoop him out of the water with his hands. We headed home, Scott gave the rainbow to Matt, and I encouraged him to let his Uncle Jason show him how to clean and gut a fish.

No comments: