Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Be thankful for your water

OK, so the conference picked up today. I wanted to talk about how hard the people in my industry work to make sure that the water coming out of your faucet is the best it can be. Here is an example of a workshop I attended today, everyone has read the AP articles about pharmaceuticals in your water, how waste flushed through the water cycle end up in your water. Well the most authoritative person on the the subject gave a presentation today, he showed results from Lake Mead for the last 10 years, and yes they have found pharmaceuticals in the water. But, to put this in prospective, to get 200 mg of ibuprofen (like one motrin tablet) you would need to consume 7,000 glasses of water in a day! Isn't that amazing? People are worried about something that is measured in parts per trillion, and a whole industry is trying to eliminate something that most people don't think twice about popping into their mouth when they have a backache.

So since it is November, and a month for remembering to give thanks, I think people should give thanks for their water. At a presentation last night, a man showed water testing in Africa, where, if they are lucky, they only have a little bacteria in the water. So go to the tap and get a big glass of clean, chlorinated water!!!

3 comments:

Jason and Allison said...

Yeah, a little bit of drugs in the water is A-OK with me. Speaking of which, why don't you see if you could pop a few xanax or something like it into the water. Perhaps we'd all get along a little better in this world.

Nancy Nina said...

Love the blog and especially the incredible family picture. I know everyone says this, but seriously, can't believe how big your kids are. Too fun! Thanks for keeping our water tasty. It's my favorite beverage.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I get mine from a well and am more than happy to drink "city water" anytime I visit a friend's house because I love the taste so much better!