Monday, November 17, 2008

OK, I guess it is time to give this blog thing a try. I have been lurking around reading a few others, and have decided to just go for it. I have no idea who, if anyone, will read this, but since I don't keep a journal maybe this will work a little.

So this week I am in Cincinnati at a water convention. It is a little intimidating, because most of the people attending are engineers. This is ironic since this convention is billed for technical people like me, looking for the newest analyzers and research. Today I attended a seminar that had a lot of people presenting who, obviously, english is a second language. So not only are thier statistics way over my head, half the time I don't even know what they are saying. I would feel really bad, except that at the end of the presentation they ask if there are any questions, and there aren't any. Not only that but everyone appears as confused as I am. No, I know I am not alone because I have a few comrades in arms that when truly pressed will admit to the same thing. So I will be here until Thursday morning, pick up some swag from the vendors, get a little from the presentations and head home for a lovely three day weekend! The best part is that Saks Fifth Avenue and Macy's are next door to my hotel!! Good thing Scott is getting a lot of overtime!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Wahoo! I love that I can inspire creativity - it's just what I do. I understand about not understanding - today I watched Beth's little Faith. She came into my room to tell me something and I didn't have a clue what she was saying. It was very important, obviously, but it was just over my head. You don't need to buy anything at Saks - just get the bag.