Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas Music







I love Christmas music, it is in my blood, from Grandma Whiting's famous Christmas Cantata's to hearing it coming from Ellen's room all year long. There is something about Christmas music that makes you happy. So I work in a fairly closed-in area with Brian (he's a fellow lab rat). We listen to my ipod, but he has some veto rights, for instance, I can't play the sound track from Mama Mia more than once a week, and Christmas music can only be played after Thanksgiving. That is certainly not to say that on any given Friday in July you could walk into my lab and hear Christmas music (Brian doesn't work on Friday's), or the occasional Christmas song "accidentally" gets put in the wrong play list. But the spirit must have been working this year, because he relented and we started listening to it yesterday.



I believe that I am the queen of Christmas music, I have over 340 Christmas songs on my ipod. All the way from Eartha Kit to Faith Hill. But let's face it, there are really only about 30 Christmas songs before you head into Thistle Hair the Christmas Bear territory. But I don't care how many times I hear Away in a Manger, it still makes me happy!

No comments: