Thursday, December 11, 2008

Can We Say Multi-plug Outlet?




OK, I am not great at taking Christmas Lights pictures, but here is a picture of my house. The picture really doesn't do it justice, we have a big nativity on the left, four polar bears, a seal, four trees, two big candy canes, a cow, and presents on the right. A few years ago I did not even put out any lights, but the gauntlet was thrown down when my mother made a sarcastic comment about my decorations (or lack thereof) was reminiscent of a certain relative. That was it, I went to Michael's the next day and bought a bunch of lights.


Little did I know how much Scott was going to get into it. He has created a stable for our nativity, a star, organizes all the cords and manages to keep it all from blowing fuses. Some people worry about getting Thanksgiving off, but Scott worries about getting the day after off, because that is the earliest I will allow him to put up the lights. Although this year we were a little off, because the Scout's float (which took first place, thank you very much) borrowed some of our decorations. But we are all back on track now.


Unfortunately, we live a little of the beaten path, so not very many people come to see our lights. I do know, however, that my cousin's handicapped daughter, Holli, makes her parents drive by at least once a night. So if it keeps growing every year, we might get enough lights that you can see us from the highway, 2 miles away, if you build it, they will come!!

2 comments:

Nancy Nina said...

So the Christmas Cow? Is that to go with the nativity scene or just because you like cows?

Congrats on the first place float! I hope you are now working on your...I mean your son's science project.

NANA AND GRAMPS said...

What about the neighbors across the street and the beautiful lights on their home?