Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Huh....do you think I could make these look like Gingerbread Men?




OK, so last night my children were decorating their Gingerbread houses like they do every year, and I remembered that I had some gingerbread mix in the cupboard from last year. So I mixed it up, and tried to make Gingerbread men. The recipe said what to do if the dough was to moist, but it didn't say what to do if it was to dry. So I couldn't really roll it out, because it was all crumbly. That's not to say it didn't taste good...trust me I checked that out. But when I couldn't roll them out, I tried just flattening some out, thinking that I could maybe whittle out some men after they baked. My husband was not supportive in this effort, by the way, he just wanted to eat gingerbread in any form. Well at least the gingerbread houses turned out....they came in a kit.


No comments: