Friday, August 21, 2009

I Don't Want to Go Back to School

Alright, it isn't even my kids whining, it is me! We started back to school on Wednesday, and whether it was Emily starting high school or the fact that Erik did not have a great year last year, I have been seriously stressed about school starting. I think I just don't want summer to end, I love the relaxed, don't care about bed times, don't care if you do stay in your PJ's all day, think we can go to the movie on a Tuesday summer time fun. This summer has gone by way to fast and the way it's going, Christmas will be here next week. I want more time to just hang out with my kids, go to the rodeo, drive-in, or just watch Hannah Montanna some more.

This school business stinks!! But Emily and Erik were all geared up, couldn't wait to get there, is it time to go yet, anxious. Seriously, what happened to kids who groaned and had to be dragged to school? This anxious to learn stuff is concerning enough to consider therapy (not for the kids, but for me!). So I guess there is nothing I can do, but give them lunch money, a backpack full of supplies (of which they will use exactly half and bring the rest home in May to join previous years supplies), and send them out the door. They at least could act like they wanted to not go....at least for the sake of their mother.

No comments: