Thursday, August 27, 2009

Irritated

Growing up in a conservative, Mormon household I was raised thinking the Kennedy's were on the right hand side of Satan. So it was with no small irritation that when I arrived at work today that I saw the flag at half staff. In the last few years my political persuasions have moved to a more libertarian view. That being said when Ted Kennedy expired this week, I reviewed my attitude towards the Kennedy family, and after researching a little, thinking about what I knew, and speaking with a co-worker from Boston, I have come to the conclusion, my parents were right! I know I have some relatives that will object to my aspersions, or think my political views shouldn't be shared on my blog...to them I say, to bad. If Joe Kennedy had been my father, I would still be in hiding, and after the GQ article on Kennedy in 1990, the fact that Massachusetts re-elected him is down right criminal. So I will have to look at flags at half staff today, and think how much I appreciate freedom and real heroes. Fortunately in this age of 24 hour news cycles, my pain will be over by Sunday!

No comments: