Sunday, May 16, 2010

19 Years

Wow! Who would have thought that guy would have put up with me for 19 years? My Dad sent me to Iceland with the advice of "I'm sending you to an island full of men that is dark six months of the year. If you can't find someone there, I don't know what to do with you." I was always an obedient daughter, so I came home engaged, after all we dated a whole week before he asked me to marry him.

I guess neither of us really knew the other, but we have definitely learned since then, and I've decided my Dad was truly inspired. I adore my husband, and think he is a wonderful father, friend, son-in-law, brother-in-law, uncle and more. What amazes me the most is how fast 19 years can fly, but I guess being married to your best friend helps. We still laugh, love to do things together, and manage to surprise each other.

So, happy anniversary to Scott and I, I hope the next 19 are just as fun!

No comments: