Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Phrases I Use to Set My Husband's Teeth on Edge

My husband and I are pretty compatible in most areas, unfortunately our sense of humor is not one of them. He doesn’t think I am very funny. I know…. In fact the only time he thinks I’m funny is when I tell a dirty joke. Sometimes when I ask him about it, he claims to be laughing on the inside. I think that is not true. Honestly, he takes my humor pretty good, usually with a sigh and a shake of his head. To top it off I think Emily has inherited her father’s sense of humor, yes it is a trial.

Anyway, over the years I have learned exactly what can make my husband extremely irritated, one of them is my belt loop trick...mwahahaha.. Another is when I use any of these phrases:

You know, you are my favorite husband

You are my handiest husband

Huh, that’s not what my other husband said

None of my other husbands can (fill in the blank) as well as you

For full disclosure, I married Scott when I was 22 and I have not ever previously nor since been married to anyone else.

No comments: