Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dog Training

I have always been impressed by people that have dogs that do tricks. Run and fetch, sit, roll over, and shake hands. I however, have never had one of those dogs. Oh…I’ve had lots of dogs, but training them is something I have never figured out exactly how to do. Usually the dogs I get come from the shelter, and whomever had them first got them to mind their manners pretty good, however, a few months with me and they generally forget any training they previously had.


Now this is not to say that there is no dog training going on at our house, quite the contrary actually. My dogs have managed to train us very well indeed. They have trained us about when they want to come in the house or go out…at all hours of the day or the night. They have Scott trained to feed them anything he has on his plate at soon as I go out of the room. They have us trained to let them sleep wherever they want to, and buy them lots of doggie treats when we go to the store. They have us trained to pick up all their toys that get scattered all over the house, and purchase them new ones on a regular basis. My dogs are even good enough to train my Mother, and get her to do what they want. So before you judge my dog, you really need to appreciate how well they have all of us trained.

No comments: