Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What's In a Name?

Yesterday at work I received a customer complaint that I needed to respond to. I called and left a message for the lady, and waited for the return call.  Usually I can tell the generation of people that I am going to talk to by either the area that they live or sometimes by their names. For instance there aren’t a lot of 20 year old Henry’s or Erwin, or Geraldine’s. But when the woman called me back I was surprised when she introduced herself on the phone as Mrs. Wayne Patterson. That got me thinking, because I am pretty sure I have NEVER introduced myself as Mrs. Scott Dederick. I have been called Mrs. Dederick, but never Mrs. Scott Dederick.  That custom is from a time very long ago, and for that I am glad. But… I have decided that you all can now call me Mrs. Scooter, and you can start referring to my husband as Mr. Allison Dederick.

No comments: