Friday, January 10, 2014

10 Hour Shifts


My type of work is fortunately the type that can be done at almost any time of day.  And my company is pretty flexible on the hours when you want to do them (within reason). My former lab mate was on 10 hour days and kept asking me why I didn’t join him in the 3 day weekend club.  The truth was that I needed a lot more stringent schedule with two children, animals, and a husband who honestly can’t remember to look at the clock when he starts working on a computer.  But beginning this year, with Em off to school and Scott taking Erik to school, the opportunity to work 10 hour shifts has come up again, and I have decided to attempt it.  When asked what day I wanted off, I think they were a little surprised when I said Monday.  I decided that I wanted Monday off because on Saturday’s I just want to spend time doing things with my family. Sundays for church and rest, then hopefully my OCD will kick in just in time on Monday’s to get all set for the week. 
 
So this week it officially started, and I used my Monday to return Emily to academic hell (aka college). Now I’m on day 3 and I want to go to bed at 6:30…hopefully my schedule will begin to settle in.

No comments: