Friday, January 10, 2014

My Most Hated Car on the Road



So this Monday I made my 10th trip to Denver in 9 months. I have probably only traveled there 20 times in all my other years combined, but now that the girl is over there going to school, I head east a lot. Thankfully it is interstate the whole way, which is lovely and I can go fast…that is until I hit Glenwood Springs and my most hated of all cars on the road appear like swarms of locust. Yes, I am talking about that most granola of cars the dreaded Subaru. They of course are extremely easy to spot, pick the car that is holding up the most traffic, with the dirtiest rear window (except for the Obama-Biteme bumper sticker) and you have found your Subaru.  Inevitably they are going 45 in the left lane, puttering along, lost in the soothing sounds of NPR, wearing their most recent REI purchase, eating something organic and drinking something from Starbucks. Now I don’t know if Subaru’s simply aren’t capable of driving over Vail Pass at a normal speed, or if the tree hugger driving them simply isn’t in a hurry to get to Denver to buy their weed. Either way…I don’t care.  They make me so angry when I have to bump off the cruise I want to just run them over and let them kiss my big white Lincoln.

No comments: