Sunday, January 12, 2014

Nope, I don't like her

Yesterday I was in Seagull Book, watching my husband by a picture he liked. As we were checking out the little helpful clerkette offered this little conversation:

Clerkette- oh and just so you know, Sherrie Dew's new book is out, "Women and the Priesthood"

Me-oh, that's ok, Sherrie Dew isn't my favorite, I think she's a little pedantic

Clerkette- uhhhh...well, she addresses several things that are going on right now, and she has some direction for the brethren about a very important issue right now.

Me- Oh good, I'm sure that's just who they want to get advice from, Sister Sherrie Dew

At this point the little clerkette just looked at me like I had 666 on my forehead and that I was going to burst into flames. So I just smiled, swiped Scott's Amex and we left. She probably regretted getting Scott's picture down for him as well.  Maybe I'm just extremely jaded, but I never liked her when she was in the general relief society presidency, nor do I like any of her books that have read (granted a total of two). I know, she's the CEO of Deseret Book, but seriously? That doesn't mean she the prophet.

No comments: