Saturday, May 24, 2014

Cold Cruel World

I know I haven't updated in quite a while, but I have kind of a reason.  First we had to go get that little Ore Digger back from Golden.  It has been a tough semester, and she was pretty fried.  We had to get her moved out of her dorm and then we had to locate a place for her to live next year.  So we started calling around about apartments and discovered we were running about 4 months late.  So we did luck out because a friend of a friend was graduating and Emily got a line about an apartment across the street from the college.  But it was a two bedroom and we didn't have a roommate. 

We made the plunge and put the deposit down, but I have to say it is one thing to move your 17 year old daughter into the safe confines of a college dorm, with 14 locked doors to get to her room, An RA two doors down and a meal plan.  Right after we put the deposit down I had a serious panic attack about throwing our little girl out into the world. 

Then we faced the challenge of looking for a roommate.  By happenstance we were in the bookstore and Emily saw a young woman who she kind of knew. They started chatting and the girl didn't have a place lined up to next year either.  I think the Lord was looking out for me because I think this young woman will be a perfect fit for Emily.  So the apartment will be ready on July 1, and Tyler (the roommate) will be moving in first and then Emily will be heading back in August.

No comments: