Saturday, October 13, 2012

He's Still Got It

As mentioned in a previous post, my son had a choir concert last week. Yes, he is in choir because 1) He actually does have a pretty good voice and 2) It gets him out of one semester of middle school PE. Don’t feel bad for him, he is the only boy in his particular choir, and I don’t think he minds it…


Anyway, it was a patriotic choir concert to salute America’s veterans, so Scott got a special invitation. The concert was held in the Roper Music Ball Room, which I had never been in, but it turns out it was a great place for a choir concert. They had the American Legion do a flag ceremony (by the way people, you aren’t supposed to be seated until the colors are posted). There were three choirs and each did three patriotic numbers, then all three choirs came together at the end to do a closing number, which included a medley of all five service hymns. Veterans were encouraged to stand when their particular hymn was sung. There were quite a few army, quite a few marine, no coasties, then Air Force, there were only two Airman present, and while I have seen my husband stand to be acknowledged before he usually just stands at attention, then returns to his seat. I don’t know if it was the Air Force hymn or the former marine from our ward who challenged all the other services with a big hurrah, but when the Air Force hymn came up my husband stood and executed a perfect salute. Standing at attention for the entire hymn he made my heart beat just a little faster. Yeah, he’s still got it.

No comments: