Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Memories VII

Christmas Dinner isn't Christmas Dinner if it isn't served on Desert Rose China!




This pattern was my Grandma Whitings. I think she must have had service for about 60, plus, it turned out that this is also my Mother's pattern. So, when my Grandma died she had always insisted that my Mother get her china.

 Did I mention she had a lot? And this is after my Mom has given each of us service for 4.

Now, I don't know which grandchild broke this dish. But I always remember this cracked serving dish with either olives or little pickles in it (Note: The pickles were always sweet, I don't know how many times I popped one of those in my mouth before I remembered that Grandma Whiting always bought sweet pickles!)
Oh, there's a couple of ladies that will be happy with that pic! But...notice the plates in their hands...

No comments: