Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bad Parenting #356

Emily is such a good girl. Sometimes, though, she is so stinking pure it drives me crazy!!!

The other day we were on our way home from Emily doing some service learning hours for National Honors Society and we had this conversation:

Me: So does "Mike" still give you a ride back to the school from WCCC?
Emily: Usually, sometimes he forgets and I ride the bus.
Me: He's pretty cute, why don't you go out with him?
Emily: ..(heavy sigh)..ugh...
Me: What? Don't you want to go out with Mike?
Emily: It's just that...(heavy sighing again)...well, you know...
Me: WHAT??
Emily: Well...for one thing, he drinks...
Me: So...will he drink while you are on a date? I've got a news flash for you Emily, pretty much 80% of 18 year old boys drink...in or out of the church.
Emily: ..UGHHH... well, I don't think I could ever get him interested in the church.
Me: So...
Emily: ....chugh...phfft...What are you saying???  You would want me to date..just to date?? for fun???
Me: (trying to think of how this could somehow come back and bite me in the butt)...uhhmmm, yeah! If you have difficulty with that concept I can send you over to talk to Aunt Nancy. She dated so many people can't even remember them all.
Emily:  ugh,  (heavy sigh), so are you saying that I can ask a boy on a date?
Me: uhm...no. (That is completely different).
Emily:Ugh...whatever...how is that different?
Me: It just is
Emily: Whatever

No comments: