Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dongel

About three weeks ago, my husband woke up one morning and discovered he had lost his dongel. We looked for it everywhere but to no avail. I asked his where he had last used it and he said our bedroom. I quizzed him if he had used it somewhere else and he assured me he hadn't. I thought maybe it had fallen out of his pants somewhere so we back-tracked every place looking for it. I accused him of losing it at work, he claimed I must have done something with it. Apparently HIS dongel was my responsibility, he eyed me suspiciously and I think harbored a secret opinion that I had mistakenly put it someplace. It was really starting to be a problem, he was having trouble concentrating at work, he was worried about it. Finally he just got it replaced, because they can do that in extreme circumstances.

Then yesterday, while looking a fuzzy  pair of socks I found it hidden in the bottom of one of my sock bins. Apparently it had fallen down in them that night. While he has already replaced it, it's good to at least have found the old one.

By the way...a dongel is a computer key that allows licensed access to Microsoft switches and software. Why-what did you think it was??

No comments: